[[ recipeID=recipe-8kpnu1ha5, title=Spring Frittata ]]
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- 6 large eggs
- 4-5 spring onions - finely chopped
- A bunch of asparagus
- 5 or 6 stems of purple sprouting broccoli
- A large handful of wild garlic - washed
- 5 or so cooked Jersey Royal / new potatoes - sliced
- A cupful of frozen peas
- 100g mature cheddar - finely grated (plus extra to top)
- Chives - chopped
- White pepper
- Sea salt
- A generous knob of butter
- Preheat the grill to maximum heat.
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus stalks before blanching in some boiling water for 3 minutes or so.
- Remove the asparagus with a slotted spoon and set to one side before adding the broccoli to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes or so, until just cooked but still firm. Add the peas and allow them to defrost before removing from the heat and draining. Put to one side with the asparagus.
- Beat together the eggs with a pinch of sea salt and some white pepper before beating through the grated cheese and set to one side.
- In a large non stick frying pan sauté the chopped spring onions in the butter until just coloured before adding the wild garlic to wilt.
- Add the slice potatoes and coat in the butter before adding the asparagus, peas and broccoli to the pan.
- Pour over the beaten eggs and grate over more cheddar to taste and a sprinkling of chopped chives.
- Cook on the hob on a medium heat for a couple of minutes before finishing under the hot grill until golden and puffy.
- Finish with wild garlic flowers and serve with salad leaves and joyful heritage tomatoes as seen here.