[[ recipeID=recipe-8kfmmc6jh, title=Pumpkin Soup ]]
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hours 30 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 0 mins
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Half the pumpkin, remove the seeds and stringy inners (putting to one side) and chop the pumpkin into wedges. Spread over two large baking trays and drizzle with olive oil.
- In a pestle and mortar, grind 1 teaspoon of the chilli flakes with the coriander seeds and a pinch of salt until finely ground. Sprinkle the spices over the pumpkin with some black pepper. Roast the pumpkin for 1 hour, until soft and slightly caramalised at the edges.
- Prepare your pumpkin seeds for roasting by removing all of the stringy flesh, washing and patting dry before spreading over a baking tray. Coat with a good glug of olive oil, a sprinkle of sea salt, the fennel seeds and chilli flakes, and mix so that the seeds are well coated.
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Heat a glug of olive oil over a medium heat in a large saucepan, add the vegetables and cook for 15 minutes, or until soft and sweet but not coloured.
- When the squash is ready, remove from the oven and turn it up to 180, put your pumpkin seeds in the oven and roast for 10 minutes until golden.
- Add the roasted pumpkin to the pan with the hot stock and blend with a stick blender, you can add a bit of boiling water if you like a thinner consistency.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle over a spoonful of your roasted pumpkin seeds. Enjoy with wedges of crusty bread and butter.
- Store any leftover pumpkin seeds in an airtight jar and add to salads and soups.