[[ recipeID=recipe-8kfmm4xe0, title=Pumpkin Pie ]]
- Prep Time: 1 hours 40 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hours 40 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 mins
You'll also need
- A 20cm tart tin
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C. Cut pumpkin or squash in half or quarters depending on the size, scooping out the seeds and fibres inside. Place skin-side up in a roasting dish with a couple of tablespoons of water and roast for approx 30 minutes, until tender.
- Keeping the oven on, take the pumpkin out and leave to cool slightly before peeling off the skin. Put the flesh into a food processor, blitz until smooth before transferring into a fine sieve and drain for at least an hour.
- Roll out your pastry on a floured surface to around the thickness of a £1 coin and line your tart tin, gently pressing in the edges before trimming off any excess pastry from the rim. Cover with clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Line the pastry case with greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 minutes, remove the paper and beans, and bake for another 5-10 minutes until the base is pale golden. Remove from the oven and turn the oven down to 180C.
- Meanwhile, put 250g of the drained pumpkin purée in a large bowl and stir in the maple syrup, nutmeg and cinnamon, then mix in the beaten eggs. Gradually stir in the evaporated milk and pour into the pastry case.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, until the filling is just set but still has a wobble in the centre. Allow to cool before removing from the tin. Lightly dust with a cinnamon and icing sugar mix and serve with a dollop of clotted cream.