Pot Creamy Gnocchi with Sausage and Tomato
[[ recipeID=recipe-8kli6jhsm, title=One Pot Creamy Gnocchi with Sausage and Tomato ]]
One Pot Creamy Gnocchi with Sausage and Tomato
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 500 g gnocchi
- 500 g sausage meat
- 3 stalks celery
- 200 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 chicken stock pot
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 1 dl double cream (100ml)
- 2 dl water (200ml)
You will also need
- One large casserole, approximately 4 litres
- Cut the celery stalks into small pieces, half the cherry tomatoes and squeeze small balls out of the sausages.
- Heat a large saucepan with 2 tbsp oil on a medium heat. Add the celery and the sausage balls to the casserole and cook for about 5 minutes until the celery has softened and the sausage starts to brown.
- Add tinned tomatoes, double cream, water and the chicken stock pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat back to medium and simmer for 5 minutes before adding the gnocchi. Continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes while stirring.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parmesan and basil. Serve immediately.
Garnish with cheese and place the casserole in the oven for 10 minutes on 200C.