One Pot Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Leftover Chicken
[[ recipeID=recipe-8knygg5pm, title=One Pot Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and leftover Chicken ]]
One-Pot Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Mushrooms and Leftover Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 250g tagliatelle
- 300g leftover (or pre-cooked chicken), diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, quartered
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g double cream
- 800ml water
- 1 vegetable stockpot
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Basil and parmesan, to garnish
- Thinly slice the onion, quarter the mushrooms and half the tomatoes.
- Heat a large casserole with 2tbsp oil on medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and sauté for 4-5 minutes until the onion starts to soften and the mushrooms turn golden.
- Add the tagliatelle, cream, water and stockpot to the casserole and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer for 6-7 minutes before stirring in the tomatoes and chicken. Continue to simmer the pasta for 2-3 minutes, or until al-dente. Remember to stir occasionally to avoid pasta sticking to the casserole.
- Season to your liking with salt and pepper and serve in bowls garnished with freshly grated parmesan and basil.