One Pot Pasta with Bacon and Courgette
[[ recipeID=recipe-9kli77b8q, title=One Pot Pasta with Bacon and Courgette ]]
One-Pot Pasta with Bacon and Courgette
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- 200 g bacon
- 2 medium courgette, coarsely grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 250 g tagliatelle
- 600 ml water
- 1 vegetable stock pot
- ½ lemon, zested and juiced
- 20 g parmesan, grated
- 2 handfuls of rocket
You will also need
- One large casserole, approximately 4 litres
- Roughly chop the bacon, grate the courgette and Parmesan, mince the garlic and set aside.
- Put the casserole on medium heat and fry the bacon for for 5 minutes or until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and reserve until later.
- In the same casserole fry the courgette and garlic in the bacon fat for 5-6 minutes until lightly golden.
- Add the tagliatelle, water and vegetable stock pot to the casserole. Simmer uncovered for 7-9 minutes until the pasta is al dente. Stir frequently to avoid pasta sticking to casserole
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, Parmesan and bacon.
- Fold in rocket until it starts to wilt, then serve immediately. Garnish with freshly ground pepper, some more Parmesan and flat leaf parsley.