One-Bowl: Buddha Bowl with Roasted Sweet Potato, Spicy Roasted Chickpeas & Crispy Kale
[[ recipeID=recipe-8km2ce595, title=One-Bowl: Buddha Bowl with Roasted Sweet Potato, Spicy Roasted Chickpeas & Crispy Kale ]]
One Bowl: Buddha Bowl with Roasted Sweet Potato, Spicy Roasted Chickpeas & Crispy Kale
- Prep Time: 0 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 0 mins
- Three roasting trays
- Two mixing bowls
- Roasted sweet potato:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, halved and cut into half-moons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Spicy roasted chickpeas:
- 400 g chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Crispy cavolo nero:
- 1 bunch of cavolo nero
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Salt, for seasoning
- The rest:
- 2 avocado, halved and cut into half-moons
- 100 g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan).
Roasted sweet potato
- Spread the sweet potato bites out on a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper before tossing it, so everything is covered. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and caramelised.
Spicy roasted chickpeas
- Tip the drained chickpeas onto a roasting tray, drizzle over the oil, smoked paprika, cumin and coriander. Use a spoon and toss it together. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, shaking them around halfway through. Remove from oven when crispy and set aside. Leftover chickpeas can be stored in an airtight container.
Crispy cavolo nero
- Remove the stalks and roll up the leaves and finely slice the kale. Place on a roasting tray and drizzle with olive-, sesame oil and salt. Mix together, so all the leaves are coated and spread out. Roast for 8-10 minutes, shaking them halfway through and regularly check, so they get crispy, but not burnt. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Divide the sweet potato, chickpeas, kale, avocado, cabbage between four individual bowls, or together on a large serving plate. Top with sesame seeds and a good squeeze of lemon. Serve with your favourite dressing, our choice would be hummus.
Place the sweet potatoes and chickpeas in the oven at the same time. Once the chickpeas are crispy, remove from oven and add the kale.
A perfect match with hummus.