[[ recipeID=recipe-8kdikorg6, title=Courgette Frittas ]]
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Grate the courgettes and sprinkle with a good pinch of sea salt and leave for 10 minutes or so to release their juices.
- Squeeze the courgette to remove as much of the juice as possible, add the shallots, garlic, lime zest, egg, flour, coriander and mix together to form a batter.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil over a medium heat in a large frying pan until the oil sizzles when you drop a drip of batter into the pan. Dollop tablespoons of batter into the pan and cook for 2/3 minutes on each side, until deep brown and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen towel.
- Serve with a poached egg and avocado for the perfect brunch, or whip up a dip by mixing sour cream with a spritz of lime juice and finely chopped spring onions for a tasty snack.